[OS X TeX] Page origin problem with TeXLive and dvips

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 02:04:58 CET 2007

On 31 Jan 2007, at 22:30, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2007, at 3:13 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

>> You may try, in TeXShop's Preferences > Engine > TeX + dvips +
>> distiller, to use the commands:
>>
>> - For TeX: simpdftex tex --maxpfb --extradvipsopts "-
>> dAutoRotatePages=/None"
>>
>> - For LaTeX: simpdftex latex --maxpfb --extradvipsopts "-
>> dAutoRotatePages=/None"
>>
>> Bruno Voisin
>
> Howdy,
>
> I believe you can make it the default by adding
>
> export GS_OPTIONS="-dAutoRotatePages=/None"
>
> to both .bash_profile (for a login bash shell) and .bashrc (for a
> non-login bash shell) and
>
> setenv GS_OPTIONS "-dAutoRotatePages=/None"
>
> in .cshrc (is this only login?).
>
> These files should be in your home directory.

I did not find them, I probably should create them then.
But upon googling the archive with keywords  simpdftex  and
AutoRotatePages
I found this

http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/MacOSX-TeX-Digests/2005/MacOSX-
TeX_Digest_05-18-05.html

where it was suggested to alter the last line of  ps2pdfwr

exec $GS_EXECUTABLE $OPTIONS -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dAutoRotatePages=/
None -sDEVICE=pdfwrite "-sOu
tputFile=$outfile" $OPTIONS -c .setpdfwrite -f "$infile"

I believe, the default AutoRotatePages should not be a default, and
this is
still a kludge, since it overrides it.  Where can I change is
globally, and
in such a way that it is not changed again when I reinstall ghostscript?

Well... for now at least one old problem has been solved

  Roberto