[OS X TeX] TeXShop ignores tab width setting

Friedrich Vosberg fvosberg at mac.com
Sat Dec 29 17:53:43 CET 2007

Morning.

(MacOS X 10.5.1, TeXShop 2.14)

I've set the tab width in the preferences of TeXShop to 2 characters
width. In ~/Library/Prefernces/TeXShop.plist I can find:

	<key>tabs</key>
	<integer>2</integer>

But if I open a new window and enter tab, the cursor jumps to a 4
When I now again enter tab, the triangels in the ruler line double
their distances from each other and the cursor jumps to a 4 character
width position. But now comes the strangest:

When I click into the »styles« pull down menue and choose default and
enter tab again the cursor jumps to a 2 character width position.

Why that? Why does not the cursor jumps under *all* circumstances to a
2 characters width if so predefined in the preference panel?

TIA and kind regards, Friedrich

--
»Der Jammer mit den Menschen ist, dass die Narren so selbstsicher sind
und die Vernünftigen so voller Zweifel.« (Bertrand Russel)