[OS X TeX] Full page image as cover

Manuel libros at limay.de
Fri Dec 28 12:36:10 CET 2007

Thank you all for your help! The image in question is this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e9/
Grammatica_Nebrissensis.JPG

I use PDFLab for other projects, but somehow it doesn't work here,
even after converting JPG to PDF: the image does not cover the full
page. I wonder if the paper size used, A5, has something to do with
it. With \includepdf, thin lateral margins do appear, since the
original is not cut after DIN, but this is acceptable in this
particular case, if not quite optimal. Using \cleardoublepage is more
proper, I would say, than including a blank PDF, though both will
work. Probably due to some mistake from my part,

setlength{\unitlength}{1mm}
	\begin{picture}(210,297)
	  \put(-7.5,-35){\includegraphics*[height=300mm]{picture}}
	\end{picture}

did not work, even when combined with \thispagestyle{empty}, but the
picture appeared leaving a large top margin blank, ca. a third of the
page, and maybe a sixth of the page as left margin. I do not know
what "ebb" or a "BB file" are. With

\thispagestyle{empty}
\begin{figure}[h!]
\vspace*{-8.5pc}
\begin{wide}
\hspace*{-6.6pc}\includegraphics{frontispicio_cred_8pt}
\end{wide}
\end{figure}

I get the error message "Environment wide undefined".

But evidently, I have not yet understood how to work here with images
in general. As I get into more ambitious projects, I hope to make
some progress.

Once again, thank you all for your help.

Manuel