[OS X TeX] Leopard Quick Look & TeX

Thomas Rike tricycle222 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 23 08:00:20 CET 2007

On Dec 22, 2007, at 8:17 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Dec 22, 2007, at 7:29 PM, Thomas Rike wrote:
>
>> Is TeX.mdimporter causing the problem? Is there a way to
>> "permanently" set the TeXShop flag to exported active or a command
>> I could use in the terminal which would be faster than opening
>> Cocktail and rebuilding the database everytime I login? Thanks for
>> all your help.
>
> If TeX.mdimporter declares org.tug.tex as conforming to public.text
> and TeXShop's Info.plist declares it as conforming to public.plain-
> text, that would cause the problem you describe, I think.  If
> they're both UTImported or both UTExported, one will randomly win out.
>
> --
> adam

I tried changing the info.plist for TeX.mdimporter to conform to
public.plain-text, but it does not change to active with a rebuild and
when the computer restarts, no Quick Look for .tex etc. I removed
Spotlight folder entirely from the TexShop contents Library, but Quick
Look would not come back after a restart. It is does now remain after
a logout, login.
Thanks again for the support. If anything else that comes to mind, I
would love to give it a try.

Tom Rike