[OS X TeX] Multiple indexes with TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Dec 16 01:49:07 CET 2007

On Dec 15, 2007, at 5:19 PM, André Bellaïche wrote:

> Thanks, but pdflatexmk doesn't seem to be compatible with the index
> package by David M. Jones, and this one is the only one I know which
> can deal easily with multiple indexes  as Index of people, Index of
> conceps, Index of notations...
>
> André

Howdy,

Well, instead of having multiple .ind and .idx files with varying file
names, like the multind and amsmidx packages, it looks like the index
package takes the same tack as the glossary, and its successor, the
glossaries packages by using user defined extensions. There is no way
that latexmk can figure out what processing to do without some help
(as with the other packages I mentioned). You could define extra
dependencies similar to what is in the pdflatexmkrc file found in ~/
Library/TeXShop/bin/ for the glossary and glossaries packages. Let me
know if you want to pursue this further; I'll try to help out as much
as possible.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)