[OS X TeX] metapost question

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Dec 15 01:21:10 CET 2007

Am 14.12.2007 um 21:52 schrieb Bruce Kellogg:

> My MacIntosh does not allow me to change a file name from extension
> .tex to extension .mp .

You probably mean your TeXShop application – for Dick Koch another
addition to add to TeXShop for file types to handle?

This makes me understand your problem a bit better! When you write,
in your first eMail, there is no text, why can't you type some?

      %\usepackage[metapost]{mfpic}
      \usepackage{graphicx}
      \begin{document}
      Here is just some text before the picture gets included into
the document. I hope I did not forget to set a text font!
      \includegraphics{KK3.1}
      %\opengraphsfile{KK3}
      %\input KK3
      %\closegraphsfile
      And this text, no idea of font or size or shape, is intended to
be found below the included graphics image.
      \end{document}

The answer why FKK3.pdf first shows some blank space is easy: your
picture is smaller than a sheet of a paper and it's placed at the
bottom of this sheet. TeX creates as output one or more sheets of
paper of some size. And when you include this sheet of paper into
another sheet of paper first this first sheet of paper is
horizontally und vertically offset by approximately 1" in each
direction (margins) on the second sheet of paper. Then comes the
unused spaced on the first sheet of paper. Finally comes the
remainder ...

So it's better to include the original MP output directly. You can
correct the position and size, if you want. 'texdoc graphicx' in
Terminal should give some hints.

--
Greetings

   Pete