[OS X TeX] gwTex in Leopard – no gtmacfonts created?

Rolf Schmolling rolf.schmolling at alumni.TU-Berlin.de
Tue Dec 11 14:08:26 CET 2007

Hello oh knowledgeable ones,

on my Leopard-testbed (external HD via Archive&Install, preserve
users) I have difficulties to use the GTMACFONTS.
I have installed Tex via iinstaller (full) and was asked to confirm
the paper-size only. I run a MBP 2.33 GH 2GB Ram (German System
Leopard 10.5.1, all updates applied)

In TexShop I get the following error-code:

!pdfTeX error: /usr/texbin/pdflatex (file Didot.ttf): cannot open
TrueType font
  file for reading
  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

I can find (while "Calvin" is the external HD with my Leopard
installation as well as my Tex-Installation)

Calvin/usr/local:gwTeX:texmf.gwtex:fonts:tfm/gtamacfonts/didot

Calvin/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.gwtex/fonts/vf/gtamacfonts/didot

Calvin/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.gwtex/tex/latex:/gtamacfonts

But

Calvin/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.gwtex/fonts/truetype/gtamacfonts/didot

has NOT been created ("Folder doesn't exist)

While I have:

Calvin/Previous Systems.localized/2007-11-27_1045/usr/local/gwTeX/
texmf.gwtex/fonts/truetype/gtamacfonts/didot

I have run iinstaller several times (Expert/configuration mode) and
selected all available checkboxes in the configuration-dialog.

Now what can I do? I planned to move to Leopard this week and am
afraid to face the same difficulties.

Is there a safe way to copy the files from my "previous system" to the
new one?

Thanks a bunch,

Rolf Schmolling

--
Rolf Schmolling M.A. Historian, Rolf.Schmolling at Alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
http://rolf_schmolling.macbay.de/