[OS X TeX] Loss of Greek Porson font functionality

David Derbes loki at uchicago.edu
Tue Dec 11 01:22:48 CET 2007

Hi, everyone, and thanks.

I have managed to get the Porson LaTeX fonts installed and working
well on my laptop. I will check again my installation on the desktop
machine. It remains a mystery why they stopped working, but this is a
very old computer (1998) with all manner of unorthodox modifications,
both hardware and software. So any damn thing might have happened.

What this establishes is that the method and the fonts are fine.
There's some glitch on the desktop--probably due to the user :-)--
and that is a strictly local issue, so I'll soldier on with it.

I'd like to thank Antonis Tsolomitis publicly for making the
wonderful work of the Greek Font Society available to the TeX world.
The Porson Greek fonts are in my opinion unrivalled in their beauty.
If you have seen any of the Oxford Classical Texts set in this font,
you will understand my ardent desire to get them working again.

Best wishes from an increasingly inclement Chicago,

David Derbes