[OS X TeX] TS in Leopard

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 22:44:55 CET 2007

On Dec 4, 2007, at 2:05 PM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2007, at 1:30 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>
>> On Dec 4, 2007, at 10:59 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:
>>
>>> I notice a behavior in TS under Leopard that I hadn't seen
>>> before: if the first page of the pdf is partially visible (i.e.
>>> the window displays part of page 1 and part of page 2), upon
>>> typesetting, the pdf window momentary flashes the first page
>>> (i.e. the pdf window shifts to the top of page 1) and then very
>>> quickly returns to the previous view, i.e. between page 1 and 2.
>>> I observe this flashing only when the pdf window is between the
>>> first and second page  but no other spot in the pdf seems to give
>>> rise this behavior. Do others see this?
>>

>> Yes, I see this too. Interestingly, it only happens for me if I am
>> seeing just the top of the second page. If I scroll a bit further
>> down, it doesn't do it even though I am still seeing both pages 1
>> and 2.
>>
>> -- Gary
>
> It's always reassuring to know it's not just me.
>
> BTW, the effect seems to depend on the size of the window and the
> magnification (which may be why you have to position your window
> just right).

Glad you mentioned it as I noticed this yesterday for the first time
and was getting worried.

These days, though, I am too busy to investigate. (By the way, I am
still on Tiger.) For what it's worth, I will play a little bit with
it sometimes towards the end of the week and will report.

Regards
--Schremmer