[OS X TeX] Leopard Quick Look & TeX

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Dec 3 10:11:45 CET 2007

If, like me, you applied the changes suggested in this list to
TeXShop, but still did not get TeX document previews, I have a
solution which may help some of you - if, like me, you installed the
EPSQLPlugin so you could also get previews of eps and ps files.

It seems that the EPSQLPlugin interferes in an undesired way. Here's
what I did to fix it on my machines:

Open the info.plist file inside EPSQLPlugIn.qlgenerator.
Change
public.eps
public.data
com.adobe.encapsulated-postscript
com.adobe.postscript
and save.

The do all the black magic stuff like
qlmanage -l
touch EPSQLPlugIn.qlgenerator
log out, log back in.

Disclaimer: this is blind hacking and I don't really know what I am
doing here - but it worked for me.

Best wishes

Ralph
--
Prof Ralph Martin           Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
School of Computer Science  Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
Cardiff University          Email: mailto:ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk
5 The Parade, Roath         WWW:   http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, UK       VOIP:  sip:17476235487 at proxy01.sipphone.com