[OS X TeX] \includegraphics question

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Sun Dec 2 11:45:04 CET 2007

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 02:21:07PM +0100, Bruno Voisin wrote:
> Le 29 nov. 07 à 10:47, Bruno Voisin a écrit :
>
>> - For such manipulations, a very useful add-on is epspdf by Siep
>> Kroonenberg from this list and available at
>> <http://tex.aanhet.net/epspdf/>. It's essentially a GUI for the xpdf
>> tools, dealing with conversions between EPS and PDF. I haven't attempted
>> to install it on Leopard yet, but I don't think any problem should arise.
>> Don't forget to get also epspdf.app, allowing epspdf to be launched as an
>> application from the Finder.
>
> It seems I talked too fast, regarding compatibility with Leopard.
>
> Just installed, on Leopard, xpdf-tools-3.dmg then:
>
> - Uncompressed epspdf.0.2.12.tgz and moved the epspdf directory to
> /Applications/.
>
> - Uncompressed epspdf_app.0.2.01.zip and moved the two files epspdf.app and
> epspdf.applescript to /Applications/epspdf/.
>
> Bu that doesn't seem to work: every time I launch epspdf.app, I get the
> warning "No PostScript- or pdf viewer found" and the View button is dimmed.
>
> I did create a file /usr/local/bin/epspdf containing:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> /Applications/epspdf/epspdf.rb $*

You mean epspdftk?

> and took care the set the executable bit to true (namely, "sudo chmod a+x
> epspdf"). But, as might have been anticipated, that has no effect on the
> problem.
>
> One thing I noticed, after looking at epspdfrc.rb, is that no file
> ~/.epspdfrc is created. Could this be related? If I interpret correctly
> these lines from epspdf.rb:
>
> if not $settings.pdf_viewer
>   Tk.messageBox( :icon=>'warning', :type=>'ok', :message =>
>     "No PostScript- or pdf viewer found" )
>
> the warning is issued when the pdf_viewer variable isn't set, right?
>
> Bruno Voisin

On OS X, epspdftk simply should use Preview.

Does the converter itself work? Does the command 'epspdf -s' create
a file .epspdfrc? Or did you just forget to turn on the display of
dot files?

Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot yet test under Leopard since I
have not yet upgraded.

--
Siep Kroonenberg