[OS X TeX] ifsym

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Fri Aug 31 09:45:09 CEST 2007

Am 30.08.2007 um 09:28 schrieb Steffen Hokland:

> Hi All
>
> I'd like to use the symbols from the ifsym-package. I'm (still)
> using Gerbens unsupported distribution, and can find:
>
> /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/tex4ht/ht-fonts/unicode/misc/ifsym.htf
>
> However, I'm not really sure about what this means... The ifsym-
> pakcage contains a ifsym.sty as well as a load of *.mf *.fd and a
> couple of *.gen files... The manual is in german (which I don't
> read well enough to understand), so I don't really know how to
> install the package.
>
> Would it be 'wiser' to install Dick Koch's distribution all
> together (I assume that ifsym is included...)?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Steffen

Hi Steffen,

if you are uncomfortable with installing packages in your personal or
system-wide texmf tree you should probably better switch to MacTeX
which provides you more packages than gwTeX.  There is no need to
uninstall gwTeX before you install MacTeX, go ahead and use the
TeXDistribibution panel in the system preferences to activate the TeX
of your choice.
If everything runs as you wish you may uninstall the second TeX
distribution later.
Otherwise search the archives for ways to easily install packages
(really not a big deal).

good luck,

alex

please avoid sending me word attachements; see
for details and background