[OS X TeX] Keyboard Shortcuts in TeXShop

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Mon Aug 13 16:28:00 CEST 2007

Folks,

As to keyboard shortcuts for zooming:

First, a comment on the German localization. I don't have a German
keyboard, so I'd like those using the German localization to tell me
what to use. I believe it is possible to reach into the TeXShop
bundle with Interface Builder and edit Menu.nib, adding keystroke
equivalents. If agreement can be reached on the right choices, I'll
happily add them to the German localization.

As to keyboard shortcuts to make fonts bigger in the Source and
magnification bigger in Preview, I agree that the same shortcuts
should should be used for both cases. This already happens on
Leopard. The question is then which shortcuts to use. Preview uses
apple-plus and apple-minus, with no shift key. TextEdit uses apple-
plus (with a shift key) and apple-minus (with no shift key). I prefer
the Preview choice; if you overshoot, you can move over and undo
without changing the shift key position.

Unfortunately, I don't know if these key strokes are the same in
other localizations.

Dick