[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.13

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Aug 13 00:39:11 CEST 2007

On Aug 12, 2007, at 5:01 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Is there a possibility to makes the menus "modular", namely that
> the menus (and accompanying keyboard shortcuts) change depending on
> the active window (Source or Preview or Log)? I wonder whether
> Apple's HIG contain recommendations about this. I remember vaguely
> that in the first volumes of Inside Macintosh (long ago) there were
> recommendations against introducing different modes for a given
> software, but then a few years later Apple/Claris started using
> modes in their own software...
>
> Bruno Voisin

Howdy,

Apple has done that too often for my taste. I really dislike the
metal look and they spread it way past what the HIG said to use.

On another note... At least on the US keyboard layout... the Source->
(Un)Indent commands are not bound to any keyboard shortcuts. You can
get Indent using Cmd-] and Unindent with Cmd-[ but those commands
seem to be executing commands in the framework rather than the menu
commands. The menu commands are much nicer because you need not
select the line to indent it; you need only have the cursor placed
somewhere on the line you wish to indent.
I've now bound those two menu commands to Ctl-Cmd-[ and Ctl-Cmd-] so
I can quickly use the nice menu indents.

I believe you can do that via System Preferences->Keyboard & Mouse-

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)