[OS X TeX] TS Find panel

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Fri Aug 3 18:42:13 CEST 2007

On Friday, August 03, 2007, at 09:30AM, "Bruno Voisin" <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:
>Le 2 août 07 à 22:28, Themis Matsoukas a écrit :
>
>> Texshop's Find panel seems to misbehave after prolonged use,
>> namely, it does not accept keyboard input and refuses to close when
>> clicking the red button or typing apple-W. I have been using the
>> Find All feature a lot but I don't know if this has to do with this
>> problem. Quitting TS and relaunching makes the problem go away for
>> 10-15 min or so, but it invariably comes back, i.e. it is
>> statistically reproducible behavior. Has anyone seen this behavior?
>
>Are you speaking of the OgreKit Find panel (default of relatively
>recent versions of TeXShop), or the Apple one (default of older
>versions, activated now by going to Preferences > Document > Find
>Panel)? I only use the latter.

Old versions of the Ogre panel used to have this behavior when BibDesk's completion input manager was used (although I think that problem only occurred for non-English versions).  Anyway, if you have any input managers installed, try moving them aside.  I suspect the Ogre find panel has some text input bugs, but never had time to look at the code in detail.

--
Adam