[OS X TeX] memoir class chapter division

Nathan Paxton napaxton at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Aug 3 02:34:14 CEST 2007

	Do you have any guidance on how to do such? I've done a lot in
LaTeX, but I've never done this sort of thing. Any resource you can
point me toward? And would this mess up the table of contents (by
subsuming the subsequent chapters to the "interludes"?

	Thanks.

-N
On 2 Aug 2007, at 3:54 PM, William Adams wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2007, at 3:44 PM, Kai von Fintel wrote:
>
>> The easiest solution is to use the starred version of the \chapter
>> command.
>>
>> \documentclass{memoir}
>> \begin{document}
>> \chapter{Intro}
>> \chapter{Stuff}
>> \chapter*{Interlude}
>> \chapter{More Stuff}
>> \chapter*{Interlude}
>> \end{document}
>
> 'cept that you'd need to manually number the Interludes (1, 2, &c.).
>
> My suggestion here would be to re-work the definition / style for
> \part so as to match the appearance of \chapter and then use it for
> the interludes.
>
> William

----------
Nathan A. Paxton
Ph.D. Candidate
Dept. of Government, Harvard University

Resident Tutor
John Winthrop House, Harvard University

napaxton AT fas DOT harvard DOT edu
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~napaxton
When you have to stay eight years away from California, you live in a
perpetual state of homesickness.
         - Ronald Reagan

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.  Aloud.
         -Coco Chanel