[OS X TeX] Memoir and setsidebars

Kai von Fintel fintel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 18:13:31 CEST 2007

Try

\setsidebars{*}{*}{*}{*}{\footnotesize}{*}

When the manual says that a * can be inserted to keep the default, it
meant exactly that, not an empty bracket as you seem to be trying.
Also, \footnotesize as a font command belongs in the second to last
argument. The last argument wants a number for the height measure and
\footnotesize is not a measure but a font command.

-- Kai (http://kaivonfintel.org).