[OS X TeX] Font tmmath install problems with new gwtex. Please help.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Apr 27 14:44:56 CEST 2007

On Apr 26, 2007, at 12:19 PM, Gary Church wrote:

> gary-churchs-computer:~ gary$ sudo updmap-sys --enable Map tmm-dea.map
> updmap: This is updmap, version 1167072206
> updmap: using transcript file `/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.local/web2c/
> updmap.log'
> updmap: initial config file is `/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.local/web2c/
> updmap.cfg'
> updmap: configuration (updmap.cfg) unchanged. Map files will not be
> recreated.
>
> I'm not sure, but it appears there's a problem with updmap since
> the last line indicates updmap.cfg is unchanged and that map files
> will not be recreated. Is this a problem?

Howdy,

Try to first disable the map and then re-enable it:

sudo updmap-sys --disable tmm-dea.map
sudo updmap-sys --enable MAP tmm-dea.map

which should regenerate the the map files for dvips, etc.

By the way, if the font files are really placed in the ~/Library/
texmf/ branch you shouldn't have to run texhash (synonym mktexlsr).

Could you give a list of where you placed the files associated with
the package and font?

Finally, what is the output of

which kpsewhich

run in Terminal?