[OS X TeX] Papers or BibDesk?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Apr 26 22:28:17 CEST 2007

Are some people here familiar with Papers:

<http://mekentosj.com/papers/>

I heard about it for the first time today, through its mention at MacNN:

<http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/04/26/papers.reaches.version.10/>

The first paragraph of its presentation rings a bell, as it describes
exactly the situation I'm in:

> Do you have dozens of PDF files from your favorite scientific
> articles scattered on your harddrive? Do you also try to
> desperately organize them by renaming and archiving them in
> folders? But like the piles of printed articles on your desk, you
> can't keep up with all the new papers you download, and despite all
> your efforts it has become impossible to find that one article.

However, from what I had read here I had understood BibDesk offers
already, for free and in a BibTeX-compatible way, the functionality
provided by Papers. Is this statement correct (I'm not using Bibdesk
yet)? Are there users of BibDesk and/or Papers, who could clarify this.

Bruno Voisin