[OS X TeX] Updating TeX Live?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Apr 25 20:06:53 CEST 2007

Am 25.04.2007 um 18:33 schrieb Gedalin Michael:

> It appeared that I had
>
> export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
>
> in my .bash_profile. Upon commenting it out mpm started to work.

I wouldn't do that: all other applications behave correctly, some
applications need it to work correctly (GNU Emacs for example). My
solution is to use different shell (command) aliases à la:

	env LANG=C LC_CTYPE=C mpm --repository=<some good working value> --
install-root=<place on disk>

mpmg would install in gwTeX, mpmt would install in TeX Live.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience."
                                                      Doug Larson