[OS X TeX] OT: looking for a public-domain EPS file editor

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Apr 25 13:19:30 CEST 2007

Le 25 avr. 07 à 12:35, Axel E. Retif a écrit :

> Image Magick's display. You can try it in your Mac: open X11, in
> its Terminal open display; a `` Browse and Select File'' window
> appears; open your EPS file and a new window appears with menus:
> choose Transform -> Crop (there is a Help for this Crop). Crop the
> file, open it with Preview and you'll see it's in fact cropped.

Thanks for pointing my attention to display. I wasn't aware
ImageMagick had a GUI.

Two problems though:

- I was under the impression ImageMagick worked by converting
everything to bitmaps. What is looked for here is working directly on
the EPS code, so that the output of the crop operation is a vectorial
EPS file. Do you mean ImageMagick does this?

- Working from display, every time I try to open an eps file I get
"PostScript delegate failed".

Thanks in any case,

Bruno