[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Lilypond

M A markoilcan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 19:16:19 CEST 2007

On 4/17/07, Michael Millett <mjmm60 at excite.com> wrote:
> I don't know if this matters or not, but the file icon of the file
> Lilypond-LaTeX.engine is different from the other two engines in the
> engines folder. The other engines are blank icons, whereas the icon for
> Lilypond-LaTeX.engine is the TeXShop icon. It was originally the "Word"
> icon, and I got it changed.
>
> For instance:
>
> The "Get Information" for XeTeX.engine says "Open with TeXShop (default).
>
> However, the icon is blank.
>
> The "Get Information" for Lilypond-LaTeX.engine says "Open with TeXShop".
>
> However, the icon is the TeXShop icon.
> "Open with" is telling me that Microsoft Word is the default.
>
> I originally saved the engine in Word as a text file with no line breaks.
> Then, I changed the name and extension to: Lilypond-LaTeX.engine
>
> Perhaps this is the problem?

Ugh! Almost certainly! Word is very bad to use as a text editor
because it puts in all kinds of extra hidden stuff, even if you tell
it to save as a text file. At the very least, the line endings are
almost surely wrong. Run the following command on the file to fix the
line endings and then try again.

perl -pi -e 'tr/\015/\012/' Lilypond-LaTex.engine

Mark A