[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Lilypond

Daniel Culver danielculver at mac.com
Mon Apr 16 17:58:32 CEST 2007

On Apr 16, 2007, at 8:23 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 16.04.2007 um 16:56 schrieb Daniel Culver:
>
>> The Texshop console says .........../Library/TeXShop/Engines/
>> Lilypond-LaTeX.engine: line 94: syntax error: unexpected end of
>> file. If anyone knows how to continue from here I would like to
>> continue and work out how to run Lilypond from Texshop.
>
> It's a syntax error in your changed version. Did you translate
> lines like
>
> 	if ({ ps2pdf "$1:r".ps }) then
>
> to bash syntax? If not, then you'll need to. Why, at all, did you
> change the syntax from tcsh to bash?
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>   Pete
>
> UNIX is user friendly, it's just picky about who its friends are.

Texshop wouldn't run the version with #! /bin/tcsh and I'm not too
programming savvy but am willing to change things around that are
easy to put back. I'd still like to continue to try and get this
working and share my results. I put back tcsh to #!/bin/tcsh and it
wouldn't run, but, I added \ to the end of the line '#!/bin/tcsh\ and
now Texshop is running until I get to errors like 'paragraph ended
before \begin was complete. <to be read again>  and so on down the
line. Texshop will only run this once and has to be quit or it won't
recognize the Lilypond-LaTex.engine again. I am going to continue
when I can, I need to learn some more about Latex and lilypond at
this point I think.

danielculver at mac.com