[OS X TeX] TeXniscope can be used as pdf-Viewer in Aquamacs Emacs

Christopher Menzel cmenzel at tamu.edu
Sun Apr 15 19:49:25 CEST 2007

On Apr 15, 2007, at 8:35 AM, Johannes Brauer wrote:
> Am 15.04.2007 um 05:58 schrieb Christopher Menzel:
>
>>> I am trying to configure TeXniscope pdf-Viewer in Aquamacs Emacs
>>> but it does'nt work.
>>>
>>> I followed the instructions given at http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-
>>> bin/wiki/AquamacsTexniscope:
>>>
>>> "At first, we configure TeXniscope as pdf-Viewer in AUCTeX. Type
>>> M-x customize-variable RET TeX-output-view-style RET Now the
>>> customization buffer should open. Look for the entry ^pdf$.
>>> Select „Value Menu“ at „Choice“ and enter . and after “Command”
>>> open -a /Applications/TeXniscope.app %o"
>>>
>>> Selecting Command-View in the minibuffer the text "open XXX.pdf
>>> appears"; instead of "open -a /Applications/TeXniscope.app XXX.pdf".
>>
>> Do you perhaps have another entry for ^pdf$ in the TeX Output View
>> Style customization buffer?  If so, delete the other one.
> There is only one entry fpr ^pdf$ containing: open -a /Applications/
> TeXniscope.app %o
>
>> Also, are you sure TeXniscope.app is in /Applications and not /
>> Applications/TeX?
> Yes, it is!
>
> Nevertheless, it doesn't work

What does ~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs/customizations.el have
for the value of TeX-output-view-style?

Do you have another version of Emacs installed?  If so, you might
well have a .emacs file and a .customizations.el file in your home
dir, and I believe that Aquamacs will read those instead of the
Preferences.el and customizations.el files in ~/Library/... .  If so,
changes written out to the latter will not be read when you fire up
Aquamacs.