[OS X TeX] Texlive without MacTeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Apr 12 22:35:20 CEST 2007

Le 12 avr. 07 à 20:30, Alain Matthes a écrit :

> Le 12 avr. 07 à 18:01, Richard Koch a écrit :
>
>> At
>>
>> 	www.tug.org/mactex
>>
>> there is a link to a document "What Gets Installed Where; Support
>> for Multiple TeX Distributions" explaining the difference between
>> installing TeX Live 2007 with MacTeX and with its own install
>> script, describing the TeX Distribution data structure by Gerben
>> Wierda and Jerome Laurens, and explaining why this data strucutre
>> contains a symbolic link to the TeX binaries. The data structure
>> is completely independent of TeX Live and does not modify /usr/
>> local/texlive in any way.
>
> Thanks Richard for this  good link

Yes Richard, many thanks. I had forgotten about this page, it's very
informative, clearly written. Had I seen your message earlier, then
it would have avoided my repeating part of the same content in a
clumsy way in the message I just sent before this one. Sorry for
wasting people's time and bandwidth.

Bruno