[OS X TeX] Texlive without MacTeX

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Thu Apr 12 16:27:35 CEST 2007

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Perhaps my title tl2007 is not good ?
>
> I know that it is  possible to install teXlive on a Mac without MacTeX in the
> same way that on linux
> but i would like to know  if there are some difficulties ?
> There is a problem to use  /usr/local/texlive ?

Alain, as my memory speaks there were emails touching upon the issues
between TeXLive 2007 and its set up for Macs, e.g. gwTeX and MacTex,
perhaps in emails by Richard Koch (I think in Feb-March). And also, I am
not sure if Bruno wrote directly about that relation, but in general,
everything that he wrote is relevant to the general picture; and
definitely Gerben's decisions are the foundational. But it seems there
has been no addressing of issues related to synchronized set ups of
TeXLive for OSX (of course on Macs) and Linux. I myself would like to
know about such possibilities, incl. comparison and difficulties. This
seems quite relevant with the coming up OSX 10.5 in June.

Roussanka