[OS X TeX] Simple question

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 10 22:52:16 CEST 2007

On Apr 10, 2007, at 21:45, Nathan Paxton wrote:

>> Try wrapping the full path in double quotes (not `` or '' but "):
>>
>> \includegraphics{"../Dissertation Materials/pictures/BeliefReX.pdf"}
>>
>> might work. I tried it with a file with spaces in its name in the
>> same directory as the tex file and it worked.
>
> 	Hmm.  Tried that.  Any other suggestions?

Remember that the path should start relative to the master document.
If we have the following arrangement:

thesis.tex
Dissertation Materials/
Dissertation Materials/pictures/
Dissertation Materials/pictures/BeliefReX.pdf
Chapter 1/
Chapter 1/Chapter 1.tex

Where thesis.tex includes all your chapters, and Chapter 1.tex has
the snippet given above, then it should start without the ../

Another possibility is the configuration (how paranoid is it. If you
execute this in the terminal:

kpsewhich -var-value=openin_any -progname=pdflatex

you should get an 'a', for any, which allows absolute paths, and
should allow the stuff above. If you get a 'p', then you have the
root cause of your problem. Change in whatever is returned by
kpsewhich texmf.cnf. Add line: openin_any = a

HTMH,

Maarten