[OS X TeX] Students could use some help

Daniel Culver danielculver at mac.com
Mon Apr 9 22:15:13 CEST 2007

I am trying to help some high school students use gwtex with Texshop
2.10 beta to write a simple report. We are on a G-5 PPC w/ OSX
10.4.up to date. We started with \documentclass[12pt]{article}
because we thought that would be easiest. The preamble is nothing
more than this right now. I have been consulting The Latex Companion,
Tug, MacTex site, and Nasa site. I am more confused than ever. I
would like a little help getting back in the right direction.
We need to have no title page, simple title on first page 3" from
top, first page numbered on bottom with all subsequent pages number
upper right corner, double spacing on all, and arial font(I thought
this font was very old and undesirable, but it is what's called for).
Any help would be appreciated, especially in pointing me to the best
sources of information for these problems, since I am currently
overwhelmed by so much to look at.
Thank you very much.

Daniel Culver
danielculver at mac.com