[OS X TeX] Emacs <-> TexShop

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Apr 9 19:14:02 CEST 2007

Am 09.04.2007 um 17:49 schrieb Roussanka Loukanova:

>  = TeXShop as pdf viewer, when <file>.pdf exists and I do not want
> a newer one. I've created this as an AUCTeX command:
> "open -a Preview %s.pdf"
> This is not so good alternative because TeXShop doesn't behave
> properly by opening last page viewed.

Because TeXShop is not *re-opening* the file! The updated file is the
DVI file. TeXShop always uses a completely new temporary file that
was converted twice before. Do you remember what your grandmother did
at Easter when she was as young as you?

If you can't, then it's likely that TeXShop either can't remember.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Computers are good at following instructions,
but not at reading your mind."
D. E. Knuth, The TeXbook, Addison-Wesley 1984, 1986, 1996, p. 9