[OS X TeX] Tying TeXShop down

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sun Apr 8 15:18:11 CEST 2007

Alain Schremmer wrote:
[]
> Running mktextfm bbold11
> mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1;
> nonstopmode; input bbold11
> This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.6)
> kpathsea: Running mktexmf bbold11
> mktexmf: /var/tmp/texfonts/source/public/bbold/bbold11.mf: successfully
> generated.
> (/var/tmp/texfonts/source/public/bbold/bbold11.mf
> (/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/fonts/source/public/bbold/bbold.mf
> (/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/fonts/source/public/bbold/bbparams.mf
>  >> asc_height#-x_height#-0.30714bigcap#
> ! Unknown relation will be considered false.
> <to be read again>
>
> I tried to re-install mathbbol but I don't really understand the
> mathbbol.rme:
[]
>    This package assumes that the Sauter-tools, to be found in
> tex-archive/fonts/cm/sauter, are used to generate the fonts at true sizes.

This is where the bug hides: The TeX Live collection does not include
the complete set of Sauter tools.

In particular, the file b-bbold.mf is missing. This file is, when it
exists, used by maketexmf for creating the file bbold11.mf, and the
above crash disappears. It is contained in the directory

http://ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/cm/sauter/addons/

but it seems that the entire contents of this directory is absent from
TeX Live 2007. It does come with tetex.

--
Martin