[OS X TeX] Tying TeXShop down

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Sun Apr 8 10:50:39 CEST 2007

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> 4) I had to remove   \usepackage[cspex,bbgreekl]{mathbbol} from my preamble
> after I started using TeXShop Version 2.10beta8 (210) because with it, the
> console runs wild for a minute or more.

I get similar behavior with beamer files if I use \usepackage{mathbbol};
after commenting it away beamer file runs finely. mathbbol used to work
within beamer in the past. In usual \documentclass{article} mathbbol goes
finely: I've just tested it.

> 5) I "installed and configured" cm-super but how do I know "I" am using it?
> (I have not changed anything in my preamble.)

I myself am checking this in the output file (or in the log file) from
Emacs, or in TeXShip's console; there you will see something like the
following:

For Computer Modern, i.e. cm,

in the TeXShop's console, I see:

<cmsy10.pfb><cmr10.pfb>
<cmmi10.pfb><cmr7.pfb><cmex10.pfb>

and in Emacs' output buffer:

</usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmex10.pfb>
</usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmmi10.pfb>

Or, if you use Latin Modern, i.e., in the preamble:

\usepackage{lmodern}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{textcomp} %% may be without this?

you'll see

in TeXShop's console:

<lmsy10.pfb><lmr10.pfb><lmmi10.pfb>
<lmr7.pfb><lmex10.pfb>[1]

and in the Emacs' output buffer:

(/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/tex/latex/lm/t1lmr.fd)
(/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/tex/latex/lm/ot1lmr.fd)

Roussanka