[OS X TeX] Tying TeXShop down

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 02:13:04 CEST 2007

This is the end of the Panther Tiger transfiguration but I still have
a few loose ends:

1)  On Apr 1, 2007, at 7:50 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Try this on a backup copy of the two files (just in case---I'm very
> careful!).
>
> Open up the Macro Editor (Macros->Open Macro Editor...). This should
> open the Macro Editor with the ~/Library/TeXShop/Macros_Latex.plist
> file; i.e., the one that is used by TeXShop in its Macros Menu. There
> are now some new commands in the Macros Menu; use the Add macros from
> file... and point to the plist file you want to merge.

I just did that and it worked very well: I now have more macros than
I know what to do with. Thanks!

> Then edit and rearrange to your heart's delight.

I will.

2) On the other hand, when I type Shift ", that is exactly what I get
and no more. Similarly, when I type Shift ^, I don't get ^{ } etc.
What else did I do to break that?

3) stmaryrd fonts now work. Looks like something had been corrupted
in the first installation. As far as that goes the issue would seem
to be closed but I thought I would mention it because of the next one.

4) I had to remove   \usepackage[cspex,bbgreekl]{mathbbol} from my
preamble after I started using TeXShop Version 2.10beta8 (210)
because with it, the console runs wild for a minute or more. Could
the following be relevant?

Running mktextfm bbold11
mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1;
nonstopmode; input bbold11
This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.6)
kpathsea: Running mktexmf bbold11
mktexmf: /var/tmp/texfonts/source/public/bbold/bbold11.mf:
successfully generated.
(/var/tmp/texfonts/source/public/bbold/bbold11.mf
(/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/fonts/source/public/bbold/bbold.mf
(/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/fonts/source/public/bbold/bbparams.mf
 >> asc_height#-x_height#-0.30714bigcap#
! Unknown relation will be considered false.
<to be read again>

I tried to re-install mathbbol but I don't really understand the
mathbbol.rme:

To use this package, just write
\usepackage[cspex,bbgreekl]{mathbbol}
in the preamble of the document. Note that this package has two options.

-- cspex activates the special extension font, allowing you to say
    $\left\Lbrack ... \right\Rbrack$ to get double lined extensible
    brackets.

    With Version 2 of the package, the extensions are taken from the
    stmaryrd fonts instead of cspex, since the latter fonts are
withdrawn
    by their author.

-- bbgreekl activates commands for the lower case blackbord bold greek,
    which are just \bbalpha ... \bbomega.

    Please find the bbold and stmary fonts on your nearest CTAN
archive in
directory tex-archive/fonts/bbold.

    This package assumes that the Sauter-tools, to be found in
tex-archive/fonts/cm/sauter, are used to generate the fonts at true
sizes.

    This package contains 4 files, namely

    mathbbol.rme   This readme file
    mathbbol.sty   The package file
    ubbold.fd      Font definition file for the bbold fonts
    ustmary.fd     Font definition file for the stmaryrd fonts

5) I "installed and configured" cm-super but how do I know "I" am
using it? (I have not changed anything in my preamble.)

Hopeful regards
--schremmer