[OS X TeX] Begining in Mac-TeX

John Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Fri Apr 6 02:48:30 CEST 2007

A side effect of this thread is that I am now aware of the lettrine
package.  To this point, I have been using:

\begin{window}[0,l,{\yn T},{}]
\noindent he text of the paragraph with the drop-cap... text of the
paragraph with the drop-cap... text of the paragraph with the drop-
cap... text of the paragraph with the drop-cap... text of the
paragraph with the drop-cap... text of the paragraph with the drop-
cap... text of the paragraph with the drop-cap...
\end{window}

where \yn is defined as:

\font\yn=cmr17 scaled \magstep5

which works well with both latex and pdflatex and every package I
have loaded with it.

On 5-Apr-07, at 6:00 PM, TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List wrote:

> it works! It works!
>
> Thank you very much! Thank you all!
>
> Sorry, I'm happy like a child. I think I'm gonna take a beer
> now :-) ehehehe
>
> [ ]`s
>
> Othon
>
> P.S.: Is there some advantage in letrine x dropping? More features,
> more beautiful?

``We do not object to religion and other irrationalisms because they
provide the *wrong* answers, but because they provide no solid reason
to believe that the answers they do provide have merit.''
--
Dr. John R. Vokey
vokey at uleth.ca