[OS X TeX] Is this geometry behavior correct?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Apr 5 19:22:36 CEST 2007

Am 05.04.2007 um 17:16 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

>> And the text orientation?
>>

> Howdy,
>
> The text orientation is horizontal in both cases

OK, then there is no bug here.

> I think the point is that I thought the geometry package detected
> the orientation and executed all the correct commands/specials
> automatically. It appears that the algorithm it is using to
> automatically detect which engine is being used doesn't quite work
> properly since it needs ``help'' in picking out the correct engine.

Yes, it seems so. I checked the DVI output for the cases of with and
without the dvips option and I can see that with the option on,
specials are included:

	'papersize=845.04684pt,597.50787pt'
	'! /landplus90 true store'

Could you check the documentation of the geometry package? And if it
claims what can't be achieved, then it's worth to write the author a
bug report.

I didn't check with TeX Live 2007 and I did not run 'pdflatex --
output-format=dvi <TeX file>' – not enough time this evening!

--
Greetings

   Pete

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but
they've always worked for me."
                                           -- Hunter S. Thompson