[OS X TeX] Begining in Mac-TeX

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Thu Apr 5 16:30:36 CEST 2007

At 10:43 AM -0300 4/5/07, Othon Branco wrote:
>On 4/4/07, Daniel Becker <daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de> wrote:
>  Download the latest version of TeXShop
>>There is also now an alternative and much easier way to go:
>>
>>www.tug.org/mactex/
>>
>>-> MacTeX
>>-> MacTeXtras
>>

>Well, I unistalled all and installed MacTex+MacTeXtras.
>
>But I still have problems with dropping package. It appears installed
>but your command \dropping{2}{1\,}texttexttextexxxxcxcxxcxxxcxxxx
>doesn'n works.

[errors snipped]

The dropping package is pretty old and is dependent on dvips. It
won't work with pdlatex (which is the default typesetting mode for
TeXShop.)

For older files that you have which use the package, you should
typeset them using TeX and Ghostscript.  The easiest way to do this
is to put the following as the first line of your file:

%%!TEX TS-program = latex

If you are creating new documents and want the effects of dropping,
you should use the lettrine package instead.

(In a terminal window, type "texdoc lettrine" to see the documentation.)

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491