[OS X TeX] koma-script / caption.sty in gwtex and MacTeX

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Tue Apr 3 13:48:57 CEST 2007

> The following minimal example typesets fine when I use the MacTeX/
> TexLive2007 distribution, but not at all when I use gwtex. I have
> gwtex 2007/03/17 11:54:21. (and TexShop, OS X 10.4.9) I think the
> problem has to do with a recent change in gwtex, because I didn't
> have the problem using before I updated gwtex yesterday.
>
> \documentclass{scrartcl}%
> \usepackage[center,bf]{caption}
> \usepackage[final]{graphicx}
> \begin{document}
>
> \begin{figure}[htbp]
>    \caption{example caption}
>    \label{einbild}
>    \centering
>   \includegraphics[width=\textwidth]{Bild.jpg}
> \end{figure}
>
> \end{document}

answering my own question (the TeX discussion list TeX-D-L helped):

gwtex installs
Document Class: scrartcl 2007/03/02 v2.97 KOMA-Script document class
(article)

There is also a v2.97a at CTAN, where caption.sty and KOMA work
together as expected (caption overrides Koma) - with 2.97a, the above
example typesets ok.

Maybe Gerben is using KOMA also himself and gwtex gets even more
recent....

Daniel