[OS X TeX] documentation files of local additions

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Apr 2 01:50:52 CEST 2007

On Apr 1, 2007, at 6:37 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> So, this time, I removed the new Macros_Latex.plist and deleted the
> ~ from my Macros_Latex~.plist and I got back my old macros which
> was my main concern. But I can't figure out how to merge the two
> with the macro editor?
>
> Regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

Try this on a backup copy of the two files (just in case---I'm very
careful!).

Open up the Macro Editor (Macros->Open Macro Editor...). This should
open the Macro Editor with the ~/Library/TeXShop/Macros_Latex.plist
file; i.e., the one that is used by TeXShop in its Macros Menu. There
are now some new commands in the Macros Menu; use the Add macros from
file... and point to the plist file you want to merge. Then edit and
rearrange to your heart's delight.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)