[OS X TeX] documentation files of local additions

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 01:37:05 CEST 2007

My clean-install of 10.4.9 with TeXShop & gwTeX & pdfsync.sty v1,
each downloaded and installed separately rather than MacTeX or TeX
Live or whatever (Slow download).

1) It works fine but I would like to make sure that I have everything
in the right place.

On Apr 1, 2007, at 4:54 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

>> = for *.sty files:
>> /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/latex
>
> Not quite. /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/tex/latex/

I have: Users > schremmer > Library > texmf > tex > latex > .sty

>> = for documentation files:
>> /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/doc/latex
>
> Yes.

I have: MacintoshHD > Library > TeX >  Documentation alias >
	texmf-doc alias
	texmf-gwtex-doc alias
	texmf-local-doc alias
	texmf-pkgs-doc alias
	texmf-texlive-doc alias

Should I leave well enough alone?

2) Last time, I think I had just placed my own Macros_Latex~.plist
alongside the new Macros_Latex.plist because that is what my backup
shows but this time TeXShop doesn't see it.

So, this time, I removed the new Macros_Latex.plist and deleted the ~
from my Macros_Latex~.plist and I got back my old macros which was my
main concern. But I can't figure out how to merge the two with the
macro editor?

Regards
--schremmer