[OS X TeX] scrolling

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 23:51:49 CEST 2006

Gary L. Gray wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2006, at 5:05 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>> In TeXShop, the wheel of my mouse scrolls the source but not the pdf.
>> Is it me? TeXShop? the mouse?
>

> It scrolls both for me. Two things:
>
> (1) To scroll the preview (i.e., the PDF), it needs to be the active
> window (you probably knew this, but just in case...).

Well, yes, I did but, you were right: one never knows :-) .

> (2) The display format must be set to a multipage format to scroll
> from page to page.

Aha! Yes indeed!

> Though even in a single page format, if the magnification is large
> enough (i.e., it only shows part of the page), the scroll wheel should
> still work. Heck, on my Logitech mouse, the scroll wheel even allows
> sideways scrolling and even this works in TeXShop's preview (I don't
> have Logitech's software installed since I don't really like it).

I am lucky to have a cinema and to be able to have a full page on the
screen but, yes, why can't the wheel do what left and right arrows do?
Why don't you like the Logitec software? Until now I didn't even know
there was such a thing—I have an M-BT58 a friend gave me.

Very grateful regards
--schremmer