[OS X TeX] how do you push an array leftwards ?

Frank STENGEL fstengel at mac.com
Fri Sep 29 09:38:37 CEST 2006

Le 29 sept. 06 à 08:22, delanoy at math.univ-lyon1.fr a écrit :

>    Hello all,
>
>    may I ask a naive question ( I did not find the answer
> in my LaTeX companion, probably because I did not know where
> to look). I have a \tabular that is not displayed completely
> in the PDF because the rightmost part of it falls outside the page.
> I should like to push the array just a little leftwards. Is there
> a TeX parameter defining the  horizontal spacing before a \tabular ?

As far as I can tell there is none. However, there are several hacks
that can do what you want

1. You could start by centering your array by putting it within a
center environment (not really what you want but easy)
2. You could supress paragraph indentation as in

\noindent%
\begin{tabular}{etc.

which pushes your table to the current left margin

2. You could add negative horizontal space before your array as in

\noindent\kern-1cm%
\begin{tabular}{etc.

which pushes your table to the left...

Have fun!