Engines and key bindings (was Re: [OS X TeX] TeXShop and Metapost: labels can't be typesetted with LaTeX)

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at fc.ul.pt
Thu Sep 28 11:40:14 CEST 2006

>> Howdy,
>>
>> You might try making a new Engine file. Duplicate one of the ones
>> in ~/TeXShop/Engines/ (to keep the execute bit set) and then edit
>> it to have what you want.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)
>>

> I already tried that, I should have told you. The only problem with
> this approach it that I don't know how to associate a keystroke to an
> Engine, as it is not in the Macro menu. And I am very fond of
> keystrokes — key bindings ;-)

How about using Cmd-T, as in "Typeset"?
Create your new Engine file, as Herb suggested; then
  you just need to add the following line at the top of your document:

  %!TEX TS-command = name_of_engine

and TeXShop will use that engine when you hit the Command-T. Simple,
elegant and effective!

Luis Sequeira