[OS X TeX] TextWrangler and LaTeX

Nestor Aguilera aguilera at ceride.gov.ar
Mon Sep 25 16:28:01 CEST 2006

On 25 Sep, 2006, at 10:08, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

>>>   - no automatic text/control highlighting
>>
>> Whath would this be?
>
> The editor should recognize automatically what kind of source code
> the document contains and automatically switch onto the appropriate
> language colouring/highlighting. At the moment I have to determine
> it manually via Edit > Text Options ... > Language.

I forgot to add in my previous message that you may define scripts to
switch languages. I was given the following by the BareBones people:

To switch to "language none":

    tell application "TextWrangler"
       set source language of front document to "(none)"
    end tell

To switcth to "language TeX":

    tell application "TextWrangler"
       set source language of front document to "TeX"
    end tell

After creating the corresponding scripts with Script Editor, you may
put these in

    ~/Library/Application Support/TextWrangler/Scripts/

and assign a keystroke to each.

Hope it helps.

                                                  Nestor