[OS X TeX] PS3 printer switches to PCL6

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Sep 24 11:23:28 CEST 2006

Am 24.09.2006 um 11:02 schrieb Friedrich Vosberg:

>>> How can I fix this misbehaviour?
>>
>> Install the right printer model in Drucker-Dienstprogramm.
>
> I've reinstalled it now. Keep fingers crossed.

For my EPSON EPL-5800 I can install two printer drivers: one that
converts every input to the printer queue to some ESC language (pure
<4 letter word>!) and one that uses the PPD file. This one works.

If your Xerox Phaser 3450 DN has a PPD file, then install it in /
Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/*.lproj/ (the PPD files have
internal texts in different languages which appear in the printing
GUIs to set this or lookup that), if it did not happen upon
installing the Xerox printer software on your Mac. By choosing
"Andere…" from "Bitte Druckertreiber oder Druckermodell wählen" a
form opens that allows you to navigate through the file system. This
is the last resort if you don't see XEROX listed under this button,
i.e. the installation of its printer software failed/was lost.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

                                            (Douglas Adams)