[OS X TeX] PS3 printer switches to PCL6

Friedrich Vosberg vatolin at mac.com
Sun Sep 24 11:02:50 CEST 2006

?

> How do you find that it's PCL output?

The printers display shows »PCL6 printing«. And  the printer queue
window displays it too.

> Did you tell Mac OS X that your Xerox is an HP?

No. The printer was automatically regognized as a Xerox Phaser 3450 PS.

> I know of no other company that uses PCL.

The Xerox Phaser 3450 DN can handle both PCL and PS too.

>> How can I fix this misbehaviour?
>
> Install the right printer model in Drucker-Dienstprogramm.

I've reinstalled it now. Keep fingers crossed.

Thanks for the moment.

Kind regards. Friedrich

hochhackigen Pumps zur Welt.« (Till Schweiger in »Der große Bagarozy«)