[OS X TeX] TeXShop and ConTeXt/MacTeX query

Rowland McDonnell rjmm-lists1 at fireflyuk.net
Tue Sep 12 20:29:33 CEST 2006

I've just got MacTeX configured so that I can LaTeX some of my documents
(it's not working smoothly yet: there are issues relating to automatic
fount creation that I need to sort out; but at least I've got some Type
1 founts working that I `really need').

One problem I'd like to get round: is there any way to save the console
output displayed in TeXShop?  The best I've done so far is using
cut-and-paste, which isn't terribly satisfactory.

I've also met some strange TeXing behaviour.

Any time I LaTeX a test document, I find this in the log:

(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/supp-pdf.tex
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/supp-mis.tex
)

What mechanism causes the files supp-pdf.tex and supp-mis.tex to be
loaded?  Given that they turn up very nearly right at the end of the
built into the format, which leaves me without a clue.

Can anyone help?

And how does one `turn them off'?

(I'd also like to know: what do these files do, roughly speaking?  And
are they capable of interfering with someone who's using LaTeX and not
ConTeXt?  I'm trying to set up MacTeX so that it gives me identical
output to my older TeX setup)

Rowland.