[OS X TeX] Searching in TeXniscope

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Sep 10 23:38:09 CEST 2006

Le 10 sept. 06 à 23:29, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> Moreover, with XeTeX now offering the ability to use xdvipfmx, an
> extension of dvipdfmx, as an alternative viewer for its XDV or
> extended DVI format, in addition to the already existing viewer
> xdv2pdf, then TeXniscope would offer the potential to be extended
> for using xdvipdfmx instead of dvipfm, and hence to become a viewer
> of choice for XeTeX output, for those who would prefer not to use
> an integrated environment à la TeXShop.

Forget about that. By default XeTeX never stops at producing an XDV
file, and always converts it automatically to PDF format, using
either xdv2pd for xdvipdfmx. As a result, and except when asked for
explicitly by the user, no XDV file is ever left lying around, only
PDF files. Hence, there is little interest in having a stand-alone
XDV viewer.

Probably I should refrain from posting on Sunday nights ;-)