[OS X TeX] {DON'T} Use $$...$$, in LaTeX

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at iwu.edu
Fri Sep 8 19:07:15 CEST 2006

On Sep 8, 2006, at 12:29 PM, André Bellaïche wrote:

> Thanks all for these informations. Don't forget that my only
> argument was that $$ is much more visible in a source file that \[,
> even when the latter is the only macro on its line.

In my opinion, that depends entirely on how the text editor
highlights various parts of the text. In TextMate for example, all
math formulas stand out with a different color than the rest of the
text, no matter what method was used for their creation, and you can
fully customize what that color/background color should be.

Haris