[OS X TeX] pdflatex warning

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Thu Sep 7 16:45:32 CEST 2006

On Sep 7, 2006, at 7:04 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> I get the following warning while running pdflatex
>
> Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
> (file ./fig
> ures/fig1_trapped.pdf): pdf inclusion: Page Group detected which
> pdfTeX can't h
> andle. Ignoring it.
>
> Does anyone know what that means? I can't see an obvious problem
> (the figure is included properly) but before I send this proposal
> I'd like to know what's causing the warning.

I'm certainly not an expert (I'm about to tell you everything I
know!), but I'm pretty sure it's coming from pdflatex trying to
process that pdf figure. It seems to have something to do with
transparency. A google search for 'pdf "page group"' turns up this link:

http://www.tug.org/pipermail/pdftex/2003-March/003806.html

HTH.

--
Chris Goedde