[OS X TeX] Inclusion of TIFF files

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Sep 6 19:14:07 CEST 2006

Le 6 sept. 06 à 18:22, Louis Talman a écrit :

> Mathematica can remove hidden portions, but it must be *told* to do
> so.  Set HiddenSurface -> True to accomplish this.

I don't understand. The surface was created using Plot3D, and
HiddenSurface -> True is the default. I just verified, after re-
creating the graphics:

In[16]:= Plot3D[Evaluate[deps[x, y, 5, .25]],
   {x, -10, 50}, {y, -30, 30}, PlotPoints -> {601, 601},
   PlotRange -> All, Mesh -> False]
Out[16]= ⁃SurfaceGraphics⁃

In[17]:= FullOptions[%, HiddenSurface]
Out[17]= True

Still, when Mathematica is displaying the surface, I can see new
portions of the surface hiding previous ones, as Mathematica is is
drawing one range (y1 < y < y2, -10 < x < 50) after the other, with
(y1, y2) = (29, 30) say, then (28, 29), and so forth. Same happens in
Illustrator, Preview or Adobe Reader when displaying the surface, BTW.

It seems HiddenSurface -> True means that hidden surfaces are, well,
hidden, namely that the whole surface is solid as opposed to
transparent. But that doesn't mean the PS code for the hidden
portions is removed from the underlying EPS representation. Or did I
misunderstand something?

Bruno Voisin