[OS X TeX] paper orientation in geometry

Friedrich Vosberg vatolin at mac.com
Tue Sep 5 08:24:53 CEST 2006

Moin.

Am 21.08.2006 um 18.03 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> Am 21.08.2006 um 15:39 schrieb Friedrich Vosberg:
>
>> I want to print a PDF file without changing the paper orientation
>> in the page setup dialogue. I've thought that this would be
>> possible by adding dvips to the options of geometry.
>
> In pdfTeX mode?!

I did it because pdftex had no effect. BTW: My TeX installation runs
pdfetex but not pdflatex. Is this a problem?

> Have you tried to create landscape oriented documents with Mac OS X
> means and tried to view them in a pre-view before printing?

Yes. I've created an document in TextEdit.app, have set the paper
orientation (Cmd+P) to landscape and have print it in standard
printer mode. Preview.app displays the document in landscape
orientation and the printer have printed it in landscape orientation.

> I think this will also fail ...

No. I did not fail. It works both printing from TextEdit.app and
printing from Preview.app. But not in TeXShop.app.

> ... because in System Preferences a particular paper size is set –
> and some tools keep sticking to this mulishly!

TeXShop seems to be the mule. :-(

Kind regards. Friedrich

--
The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget
cuts.